Monday, August 25, 2008

Wash Day with New Protein Treatment..An Egg!

This past weekend I noticed a couple broken hairs while finger combing my hair. It wasn't many broken hairs but enough to make me realize that I'm in need of a stronger protein treatment. Plus, I relaxed approx. 1 wk ago, so its time for a protein treatment. I usually use Aphogee 2 min 1x a month. After doing more research on it, a protein treatment should be left on the hair for 15-20mins in length as opposed to 2 mins. Plus when I used ApHogee, my breakage wouldn't stop completely...there were still a couple broken hairs after the treatment. I didn't want to use this again.

With that being said, I remembered Traycee's protein treatment where she uses an egg, a cheap conditioner, leaves it on for 15 minutes. I was attracted to that since it seemed so simple and easy. With my mix, I used 1 egg, Aussie Moist conditioner (put enough to cover the entire egg in the bowl) and 3 tsp of EVOO.



<--Before After-->

This mix can be runny so be careful while applying. I left it on for 15 mins with a plastic cap (no heat), rinsed and followed up with my DPR/AtOne Mix for 30mins w/ heat (lovess it).

As my hair was air drying it felt sooooooo soft, noticeably thicker, very poofy and I had more waves in my hair than normal. Once my hair was dry, I moisturized and sealed, no broken hairs in my hand, nothing!! My hair felt much stronger and was retaining moisture evern better than before. I was so happy. After that I styled my hair & went out. I will be doing this treatment 1-2x/month now.

Here are the results:



















Sunshyne

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive