Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Flexirods saved my weekend

This past weekend was kinda busy for me. It all started off with a call from a friend of mine who was a birthday on Sunday. She organized a girls night out on Friday, and because I didn't prepare until the last minute, I had to rely on a quick and easy tool to get my hair ready.

I had no time to conduct a full wash and set routine and I had to think fast. The first thought that popped into my head were of my trusty flexirods. The weather in the city where I live is hovering at around 100% humidity so I knew that I had to employ the use of some type of styling products in order to create loose curls in just a few short hours.

With my trusty Silicon mix intensive leave in at hand, I quickly went to work. I parted my hair in large sections and created a dime-sized mix of Silicon Mix and jojoba oil for each section. I then proceeded to wrap each section around the flexi rod in a spiral curl motion until I completed my entire head of hair. The flexi rods were in my hair about an hour or so before I removed them one-by-one. It wasn't long before the curl-loosening effects of the humidity set in causing my curls to drop.

The end result looked something like this:










The very next day I had to once again create a last minute do it yourself hair style for a wedding I was attending. The person organizing the wedding gave all of us bridemaids only one suggestion, that we wear our hair curly. Again, I went straight for my trusty flexi rods. This time my goal was to create tighter, more defined curls. Because my husband and I spent most of our afternoon exploring the streets of our newly renovated Downtown, I basically had only a couple of hours to create the perfect look for the wedding. The tight timeline forced me to use a product that I haven't touched in probably a year, my Hask Placenta styling mousse.

The wedding hairstyle required much more flexi rods then the style I created the night before. Because I created the look starting with dry hair, I had to use an ample amount of mouse with each section of hair. I was pleasantly surprised at the end result considering the fact that my hair was not freshly washed and the look came together within a couple of hours (at the most).


Here is a pic of the finished look:










The wedding party was quite large. There were probably 20 bridesmaids or so sporting curly do's. Of all the bridesmaids, I was the only person who did not use an ounce of weave.

Here is a pic of a fellow bridesmaid, my husband, and me on the right.














Where would I be without my flexi rods?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive