Monday, November 3, 2008

Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment

Promises: MegaSilk is a rich, creamy conditioner that strengthens, softens and restores moisture from the inside out. Deep conditioning properties reduce tangles. Gives an intense shine and manageability without product buildup. Great for detangling and ease of combing. Adds an intense shine!

Directions: Shampoo thoroughly and towel dry hair. Apply Moisturizing treatment from roots to ends. Leave on hair for 2-5 mins. Rinse well. Style as desired. For more intense conditioning, cover hair with a plastic cap and use moderate dryer heat for 5-7 minutes.

Ingredients: Water(Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium, Methosulfate, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl esters, Sodium PCA, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Trideceth-12, Silk Amino Acids, Helianthus, Annuus (Sunflower Seed) oil, Chlorhexidine, Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

The Truth: After the huge discussion about this product on BHM, I decided to get it (BOGO @ Sally's last month). I tried this treatment about 4 times (btwn 9-12 wks post relaxer) because I was so shocked with the results, I thought it was by fluke. I'm not trying to hype up this conditioner but to be honest I am 12 weeks post & I must say that I really like how it detangles, softens, moisturizes all in one shot! It does not weigh your hair down & It leaves your new growth so soft. I don't know why it took me this long to try it out. I'm happy I did. In a battle of moisturizing deep conditioners, I'd say this one would win and kick Elasta QP DPR's butt. So move over DPR-11, there's a new sheriff in town, Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment (man thats a long name..lol)!!

Price: $1.39 CAD a packet, 16oz $11-15 CAD

****Update****
This is a great moisturizing conditioner to use after a protein treatment!!


Hairlicious Rating: (5/5) Excellent


Sunshyne

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive