Wednesday, January 21, 2009

L'Oreal Hair Fixer review-Part VI

Here I am at the final installment of my L'Oreal Hair Fixer experiment. I'd like to take a moment to recap my experiences and list any observations I have after using the product.

First off, I want to talk about the state of my hair when I first decided to use the product. I was only a few weeks post-relaxer and my hair was lacking in the strength category. After each application, my hair felt stronger for the most part and I was able to validate this assumption with the amount of hair lost at each wash and set. Its hard to believe that even with this new growth I'm now dealing with, I'm loosing less hair then I did with recently relaxed hair.

For those of you interested in trying this product, keep in mind that different products react to the hair differently. If going without conditioner does not sit right with your hair, you may try using the product with the conditioner. I wouldn't go through each application without conditioner if your hair does not react well to it. Do your hair diligence and measure your results with this product closely.

I also want to say that you need to make sure you have a killer moisturizer on hand in case your hair feels a bit parched from going without deep conditioning. Shea oil did the trick for me! I have no idea how this experiment would have turned out if it were'nt for my shea.

Last but not least, I'd recommend skipping the cheap conditioner when you pre-poo and go for the real thing. Might as well use the good stuff since you won't be conditioning after the wash. My hair definitely liked it when I used the good stuff as a pre-poo. I'm thinking of continuing with this practice going forward.

Next week I'll condition my hair as normal and go back to doing what I did before the L'Oreal Hair Fixer. I'm almost sad to see this day come. I will not be giving up this product cold turkey. In fact, I plan on purchasing another box and using the solution as a supplement to my normal routine. Since the solution is so watery, I'll just use it along with my leave-in. Now that I think of it, I may also use the option of alternating between using the product with and without conditioner. The possibilities are endless. Either way, the L'Oreal Hair Fixer is definitely a permanent part of my hair routine rotation.

For those of you who want to see some proof of what I experienced, you can view my pictures from my previous post.

As a special treat, I've also included some pictures below of my shed/broken hairs from each set.

This picture includes six weeks work of hair loss data. The hair ball on the left is my first week using the Hair Fixer. As you can see, the amount of hair I would loose before this product was insane! The second hair ball was two weeks after my first wash so it also included an extra week of shedding.


Take a look at the first week of hair loss up close.



Compare that with the last week of hair loss up close.


I'm a very happy girl!



Related Posts

L'Oreal Hair Fixer Review Part V

L'Oreal Hair Fixer Review Part IV

L'Oreal Hair Fixer Review Part III

L'Oreal Hair Fixer Review Part II

L'Oreal Hair Fixer Review Part I

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive