Monday, October 13, 2008

Year 2: My Personal MBL Challenge!

I've already entered my 2nd year of my Hair Care Journey and I'm starting approx. at the length of my dear friend Traycee. She started at APL and reached Waist length in less than a year. That blew me away! Congrats again Sis. With that being said, I'm starting my own challenge and I will be revamping my regimen too.

Here are the starting photos:













It seems like my hair is touching my bra strap. However, I don't consider myself BSL simply because I'm a little concerned with my ends. I have noticed (thank God I flat ironed...) that the hairs towards my nape/back area have been neglected due to lack of moisture. I realized that I don't moisturize that area enough so its starting to thin out :( Now, I'm going to moisturize and seal in SECTIONS like Traycee and see if that helps. My sister had the same problem and it was cured once she started to adapt and incorporate Traycee's methods. I gotta go into "repair mode" and take care of this situation *sighs*.

Year 2 Goals:
- Hit FULL BSL by Spring 2009 (March-April)
- Reach MBL (Oct. '09)
- Simplify my regimen & products even more
- Keep breakage to a minimum
- Baby my ends and Moisturize & Seal in Sections
- Increase thickness of ends
- Dust ends frequently
- Use low pH products (shampoos & DC's)
- Increase moisture level

Revamped Regimen:
- Prepoo 1x/week (Saturdays)
- Shampoo 2x/week (Mondays)
- DC 2x/week with heat for 30mins (Mondays & Thrusdays)
- Co-wash 1x/week (Saturdays)
- Air Dry in twists or a bun 99% of the time
- Moisturize and Seal in Sections Daily
- Relax every 10-12 weeks
- Only baggy when ends are dry
- Protein Treatment 1-2x/month
- Clarify 1-2x/month


Sunshyne

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive