Monday, March 17, 2008

My Hair Regimen

Last Revised July 16th, 2010:

My regimen consists of a moisture/protein balance! I'm really focused on keeping my regimen as simple and easy as possible. My wash days are Mondays and Thursdays.

Mondays :
→ Prepoo with a light protein for 15-20mins with heat, rinse
→ Shampoo
→ Deep Condition with a moisturizing conditioner for 25-30mins with heat, rinse
→ Apply Leave ins and lightly comb through
→ Air dry with the Scarf Method.
→ Moisturize and seal then I apply JBCO to my scalp in sections

Thursdays:
→ Deep Condition on dry hair with a moisturizing treatment for 25-30mins under hooded dryer, rinse
→ Co-wash with a Moisturizing Conditioner
→ Apply Leave-ins and lightly comb through
→ Air dry with the Scarf Method
→ Moisturize and seal then I apply JBCO to my scalp in sections

Saturdays:
→ Co-wash with a cheapie moisturizing conditioner
→ Apply leave-ins
→ Air dry in twists/bun or Blow dry on cool air.
→ Moisturize and seal then I apply JBCO to my scalp in sections

Daily:
→ Moisturize in sections & Seal in sections

Others:
- Relax every 10-12 weeks
- Dust ends with every relaxer
- Only baggy when ends are dry
- Light Protein Treatment 1x/week
- Clarify 1-2x/month
- Wear protective styles 99% all the time (buns).

Products:

Shampoo:
- Abba Pure Color Protect Shampoo

Clarifying Shampoo:
- Ion Clarifying Shampoo

Protein Treatment/Conditioner:
- Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

Moisturizing Conditioners:
- Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol Treatment
- Abba Pure Color Protect Conditioner
- Creme of Nature Nourishing and Strengthening Treatment
- Phyto Organics Humectin

Leave-In Conditioner:
- S-Curl *Love it*

Moisturizer:
- Wave Nouveau Finishing Lotion
- S-Curl

Sealants:
- Hot Six Oil
- Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil

Scalp Oil:
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil

Deep Conditioner Additions:
- EVOO
- Avocado Oil
- Virgin Coconut Oil

Heat Protectant:
- Fantasia IC Heat Protector Serum (pink bottle)

Gel:
- Fantasia IC Gel w/ Sparkelites

Co-wash Moisturizing Conditioner:
- Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Conditioner
- Aussie Moist

Relaxer Prep:
- Base my scalp with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil or JBCO as well as my hair & ends.

Relaxer:
- ORS Olive Oil Lye Normal Strength

**** I stopped combing the hair often, since Oct 2007. I just finger comb the hair, moisturize & seal then style. Low manipulation is important****

Question: Do you find that a regimen has benefited you in your hair journey?? or Has your hair responded better to a "go-with-the-flow" type of regimen? Lemme know... I'm curious :)


Sunshyne

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive