Sunday, March 23, 2008

Co-washing at Its BEST!! YAY


What does Cowashing mean? It's when you wash your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo as a way of increasing the moisture level in your hair.

Last night I decided to co-wash since my hair felt like it needed a lil moisture boost. I'm also 6 weeks post with nuff growth...lol... so this was the best time for me to co-wash! Here are the steps that I took:

1. Applied Herbal Essences Replenishing Conditioner & Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship to dry hair concentrating on the ends.
2. Applied 2 hand fulls of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) to hair and especially on my ends for extra lubrication.
3. Put on plastic cap for 1 hr 30 mins with towel over it for extra heat.
4. Rinsed out and washed hair with Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner.
5. Towel dried hair & applied thin layer of EVOO over damp hair (like a leave-in).
6. Air dried with Elasta QP HTWO on hairline.

Let me tell you that after this experience I learned that my hair lovesssss EVOO with conditioner. My hair turned out great. The smoothness was there, it was extremely soft I had to ask myself " Is this really my hair?", Im serious! I was very happy with the results. I guess its really true what Cathy Howse says, Oil is necessary to lubricate the hair and Olive oil, due to its molecular structure, is the best oil for penetration into the hair shaft. It's now my hair staple :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive