Monday, April 21, 2008

Glycerin + Water = Excellent for New Growth

Normally when I stretch my relaxers I spray S Curl No Drip into my scalp to soften my new growth. Well this time around I ran out so I thought to myself "whats the best alternative?.....GLYCERIN!!" Glycerin is also found in S Curl No Drip, its like the 2nd or 3rd ingredient.

Glycerin is known to improve moisture and smoothness to your hair. It provides lubrication and acts as a humectant. A humectant draws in moisture into your hair and skin. Glycerin is also highly "hydroscopic" which means that it absorbs water from the air. For example: if you left a bottle of pure glycerin exposed to air in your kitchen, it would take moisture from the air and eventually, it would become 80% glycerin and 20% water.

This is what I did:

I added 4tsp of 100% pure Glycerin mixed with 5tsp of water. I applied this mixture to my roots and covered my head with a baggy for about an hour. Let me tell you, my new growth was SUPER moisturized. I never had to apply more! My hair was moist for 3 whole days and that's without sealing. Glycerin is the truth and its best when your stretching....makes things easier.

I highly recommend this to ANYONE with very dry coarse hair or if your just stretching your relaxer. Or you could purchase S-Curl No Drip Spray or Wave Nouveau Finishing Lotion (my staple) as these products are all "water/glycerin" based and provide your hair with excellent moisture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive